The Saga's of a Makeup Addict.

The Saga's of a Makeup Addict. Welcome to my confessional.

Friday, December 31, 2010

Makeup - To - Go!

“There is a great moment, when you see, however distant – the goal of your wandering. The thing which has been living in your imagination suddenly becomes a part of the tangible world.”
~ Freya Stark

I love to travel - I don't really care for the traveling part that involves airports and luggage carousels and immigration, or even the flying part! but I love to arrive someone unfamiliar. When I get there, I take in all that I can smell, see, hear, feel and taste on the air - and then I grin like a little girl at all things new.

I recently had an opportunity to travel to northern Pakistan and live in the foothills of Murree. The trip was for three days and in the middle of an approaching winter, so I had to pack smart, which meant separating myself from all my makeup!


After a lot of consideration and rationalization and logic, I managed to put together my travel bag, and packed it away before I packed more things into it!


There it is, my teeny tiny travel bag, stocked for 3 days in the mountains. Amidst the wooly warm things, I had my makeup stuff.

Here's the skinny:
* Boots tea tree Shine Control Day Moisturizer.
* Stila Pretty in Paris makeup kit (read the full review here).
* Rimmel Renew & Lift concealer in 201
* Urban Decay Skyscraper Mascara
* Luscious Lip Couture in Celebrity
* Revlon Luxurious Color Eye Liner
* Sephora # 13 Rounded Crease brush
* Body Shop Merry Cranberry lip balm


All things considered, I thought I did pretty well in the "packing light" department. Here are a few quick tips that will make all of the above multitaskers!

- Mix a dot of moisturizer and a dot of concealer to make your own eyelid primer.
- The Stila convertible color doubles as lip stick AND cheek color.
- The Revlon pencil blends like a dream and has a smudger at its end.
- The #13 brush is one of my favorite tools to apply, blend, wash, crease, ANYTHING! Its my go to brush.
- Your moisturizer will help to remove any remaining vestiges of makeup at the end of the day.
- Lip balms are an essential part of any travel - be it in the air, on the ride over, after your wake up, before you sleep, after your meals.. You get my point!
- Once you have applied your mascara, use whats left on the wand to set your brows.
- Mix an even bigger amount of concealer with the moisturizer and make your own tinted moisturizer.

And you know what? I didn't miss a thing from my entire stash! This was plenty!! But I did have to stick in one last thing that I couldn't live with out...

The stowaway was the Body Shop Body Butter in Coconut. This one is particularly an acquired taste as I've met very few who appreciate it. For me, it smells like the beach and brings me into a summer state of mind. Also, it makes my skin feel dream soft!

I hope this article helps the packrats like me lighten up some.
Happy travels!

“We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm and adventure. There is no end to the adventures we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open.”
~ Jawaharlal Nehru


No comments:

Post a Comment