The Saga's of a Makeup Addict.

The Saga's of a Makeup Addict. Welcome to my confessional.

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Pretty, Pretty.

Sigh.

The seasons are a changing in Karachi and I felt it today. Sure, the blistering sun is out, but despite that, there has been a cool breeze playing today - it made Sunday brunch something to enjoy out on the patio! There's something to be said about eating outdoors on a day like this, with the sunbeams playing hide and seek through the leaves on the towering mango tree that stands proud in my grandma's back yard, I enjoy my desi breakfast with a hot mug of tea. Although I have never visited Europe (and airports don't count!), but this is what I'd imagine a day out in Paris would be like. It put me in mind of pretty things!

Pretty clothes, sparkly gem stones, intricately cut silver, a bow clip on a baby's soft curls, the pinkness on her cheek, the twinkle of joy in my grandma's eye at the sight of her family collected around her to eat...

and of course, MAKEUP!

And what would be more apt than what I forced my brother to purchase for me...


Here is what Sephora has to say about this palette.

"The second in a five-part series of collectible palettes, The Pretty in Paris palette is all you need to get pretty on the go! It features Stila's award-winning eyeshadows in four trend-setting shades: Crepe (pale pink), Cherie (reddish brown), Jolie (brownish pink) and Chocolat (brown). The palette also includes Convertible Color in "Rosebud", a limited-edition shade, and a built-in mirror for easy application and touch-ups on the go!"

Yup - pretty, pretty? Most definitely!! Priced at $10(USD) at sephora.com, I just HAD to have it!

Now I tried to swatch the colors, but again, I'm still hating the quality my camera is providing, and it just can't do justice to the colors! So, I'll just give you the skinny here.. Crepe, Cherie and Jolie are all shimmer shades where Chocolat and Rosebud are matte.

Crepe is in the palest pink shade with mother of pearl reflects in it, and it makes a wonderful all over wash as well as an inner corner color, but I would not recommend it as a highlight under the brow bone unless you're going really fancy! For everyday highlight, if you need to, stick to a matte white or ivory or in that family.


Cherie, being s reddish brown/russet shade, is my new favorite color. It's got microscopic red glitter in it which gives it that pop of sparkle that makes it so pretty!! I wouldn't use it as an all-over-lid color because something about reds makes me feel that I haven't slept enough the night before, or I've been having a good cry. But it looks wonderful when used over a gold base to make it look more bronzy or with Crepe to get a nice even gradient color.

Jolie is similar to Cherie, but where Cherie is based in pink, Jolie is based in brown. But the rest is the same, with the red glitter in it. Infact, the colors are quite interchangeable, depending if yr in a pink or brown mood. I have paired it with a gold, and it makes a stunning crease color! Or, use it as a lid color and put black in the outer V for a fabulous smokey eye!


Chocolat is just that - a matte milk chocolate color. Which is why it is fabulous! It makes a great crease color, and these days I'm digging brown as an eye liner! So after I applied my eye makeup, I used a Urban Decays' 24/7 eyeliner pencil in Bourbon (a glimmering dark brown) along my lash line and set it using Chocolat, which gave it the effect I wanted - lined without looking lined and deliberate.


Rosebud is a limited edition convertible color which looks very 'old rose'. Sephora says

"Stila's ingenious lipstick and blush-in-one proves irresistible. Non-greasy, this creamy, sheer tint adds an inherent glow to the cheeks while lips bloom with fresh, radiant color."

To tell you the truth, I have always run far from cream blushes as I have always felt that they would be a nightmare to blend and in a town where stepping outside your own bedroom causes you to break into a sweat, cream blush would do more damage than good to my skin. But now I'm learning otherwise. I've used it a few times and I've found that it wears very pigmented at first, so you feel almost clown line - DON'T blend it further, because once the color settles, it gets absorbed into the skin and you hardly see it then! Also, it doesn't have the longest life, this one. I wore it to office, and around the 3pm mark, it was long gone. I can't honestly say that I'm ready to renounce my love of powder blush and embrace cream blushes completely, but I will admit to learning to love it, slowly but surely. I can say that I love the idea of a lipstick/blush! And when worn right, it looks like the perfect summer flush. Also, don't forget to add the tiniest dab to your forehead, nose and chin to keep that summer kissed look even and natural looking.



And there you have it - my soft, summer, Pretty in Paris eyes! Now I'm off to enjoy the rest of my Sunday.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment